JAKARTA, kilat.com- The death toll from an earthquake with a magnitude of 5.6 in Cianjur, West Java, has been reported to have increased. The death toll now stands at 272 people.
"The latest development regarding the number of victims today is 272 bodies. Because today a body was found in the name of Mrs. Nining, age 64," said Suharyanto, Head of the National Disaster Relief Agency (BNPB) in a press conference, Thursday, November 24, 2022.
Of the 272 victims who died, 165 have been identified. Meanwhile, 107 bodies are still in the identification process.
"Of these 272, there are 165 people who can be identified by name and address. Meanwhile, we are still looking to identify 107 bodies," he said.
As previously reported, President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) said that as many as 39 victims of the Cianjur earthquake had not been found. Jokowi ordered the bodies be evacuated this afternoon.
"I want to make sure that the process goes well. This is the main thing, because we know there are still 39 of them who have not been found, at just one point, so the (body) evacuation process is a priority at this time. We are concentrating on it. This afternoon we are concentrating on this point. for evacuation," said Jokowi, in Cianjur.
Jokowi is ensuring that the logistics are being well distributed. He also received complaints about water availability.
"This includes the lack of existing tents. Earlier there were also complaints about water, because there are a lot of locations to serve, so it takes time to distribute it. I want to make sure that everything is distributed," Jokowi said.